17 thoughts on “HP’s 15-inch Omen offers power and a beautiful 4K screen

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

what have hp done to the team that design hp omen 2015 ? this look cheap as f compare to dell inspiron 7000 which looks better

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

Acer is a great alternative. Cheaper and about the same quality and specs.

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

1000$+ isn't a fortune? really?? that's a fortune to me lol. my desktop that I built cost me around 800$. and I've been upgrading it since I first built it, installed a FireCuda 2tb SSHD which cost me a little over 100$. installed a Samsung 850 SSD with 512 GB of storage space which also cost me around 120$, along with going from a GTX 750ti to a GTX 960 which while a major boost in power still isn't powerful enough for me. I also opted to go the AMD CPU route which has me locked in with an AMD FX 8530 chip which while it's alright, it's not great, it's not even good, it's average. I've put a lot into this desktop so far and I still have more to put into it. and while you might argue with all of my upgrades this desktop cost me well over what the laptop you showed up costs. I won't have to replace my desktop, I would only need to upgrade individual components when I feel it's time. a laptop that costs 1000$+ needs to be completely replaced every few years, so if I got the best version of this laptop which will probably cost around 1500$+tax as you stated in the video, that will constantly cost me that price tag every few years, when I could just…..you know…..pay 500$ to upgrade the CPU and MOBO and BAM all new desktop experience. maybe get a new GTX 1060 which still isn't the most powerful but powerful enough to do basically everything I want it to do right now which is what….another 200-300 based on where you shop right now? yeah, this sounds like a nice piece of kit, but it's not worth the constant demand for replacement every few years at that price tag. it might be convenient to many and hell if I had the spare cash I'd opt to get one of these as a backup device for when I'm on the road or something, but financially it's moronic in my opinion consider the cost and the battery life, 1-2 hours max on battery???? might as well not even be a laptop. and mind you all of the upgrades listed above which over the course of a number of years, about 3 years total. so over the course of 3 years i've spent around 1500 on a desktop, a single desktop.

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

This thing looks hideous. Stop making childish looking gaming laptops for God's sake

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

would rather have an 1080p 144hz gsync display. 4k displays are not for gamers… also battery life

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

HP use to be my favorite laptops. Now they sucks and no more Beats Audio either since Apple buy it

• September 10, 2017 at 1:13 am

Would not recommend HP laptops – common manufacture defects and very poor customer support.